Sunday, December 20, 2009

Another Handmade Gift

If you don't want to give a Christmas-themed gift as a present, here is another idea that is inexpensive, yet looks great! The basics are to buy a few matching picture frames from Goodwill, or any thrift shop for that matter, pick out some scrapbook papers to frame, then paint the frames in a coordinating color. The recipient of the pictures I made has a black and white damask theme to her bedroom, so I found some damask paper at Michael's which I backed with black paper to make it pop, then I used hounds tooth paper for the background. And of course I painted the frames black! I attached picture hangers on the back and also attached black and white ribbon so she can decide which method to use. And here is the end result:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails