Sunday, April 18, 2010

Denio's Treasures

I braved the crowds (I swear everyone was out today!) and went to Denio's Farmers Market and Swap Meet and I wanted to share the goodies that I got.

First off, I got this rusty old mail holder.  Even though it has a great patina, the guy selling it mentioned it just needs a coat of paint which planted a seed in my head.  I know my rusty lovin' friends are wondering what on earth I'm thinking, but I could really see this guy a bright glossy red.  Still haven't decided yet.

Asking for $5.
Bought for $3.


Next up is this great rusty green box. They said it was used for Pearl Harbor. Not sure if it's true, but I'll go with it =) It also came with a lovely white spider, which thankfully scurried away right before I picked it up. I almost screamed, sending everyone in a frenzy, but I was able to keep my composure and managed to scream inside.

Asking for $10.
Bought for $8.



Says 'AMMO BOX' on the front.


The next thing I got just looked cool. Wasn't quite sure what it was, but I did some research online and found out The Bastian Blessing Co. distributed soda fountain machines, so I'm guessing that's what this is from.

Asking for $5.
Bought for $5 (since I already talked the guy down on the mail holder).


And last, but not least, I bought a glass dome...


from an ugly clock like this (sorry if that offends anyone, but I just don't like 'em).


Anybody see where I'm going with this? That's right...a cloche!!


He was asking for $5 for the clock and all, but he let my buy the glass for just $3. That's cheaper than any cloche you will find in a store and this is a big sucker!

I hope you enjoyed looking at my treasures as much as I enjoyed buying them!

9 comments:

Pieces of Dreams said...

Wow! Fabulous finds at "to die for" prices. You have a great eye and did very well! Many Smiles, Karen

Adrienne said...

Fab finds!!! So jealous of the prices! People around here know if it is old and you pay dearly for it. BOOO

Kendra@Creative Ambitions said...

Great Finds!! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

Thanks guys! Does anyone know how to make the smells go away? I know old things naturally have a smell, but the ammo box stinks like cigarette smoke and I don't even know what else.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the smells; could try setting a small dish inside with baking soda in it, close the lid, give it some time and see if that helps. Thanks for coming..Denio's Farmers Market & Swap Meet.

House of Smiths said...

Look at all your cool finds!

I'm totally jealous!

Nice work girl!
Shelley

Deb said...

Love the rusty old mail holder, especially the color. I couldn't paint it but I am sure it will look great if you do!

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

I have had a hard time deciding what to do with the mail holder, but I think I might do a wash of another shade of green to keep it's original patina, but change the color a bit. I hope it turns out ok!

Linds said...

Cool finds Ali! Next time I'll join you. I just LOVE my $20 cabinet we picked up a few months ago!

It's so true... one man's trash is another's treasure. :) Great job hunting for treasures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails