Monday, June 14, 2010

Coral

I have been scouring several stores for a while now trying to find some coral. Perfect timing since summer is right around the corner and beach decor seems to be popping up out of nowhere. The only problem is that I'm picky. Oh, and cheap. My sister called me this weekend to see if I wanted to go to Home Goods (what kind of silly question is that?!). I seriously think she could read my mind because I was already planning on going there in hopes to find my perfect coral. I had gone about 2 weeks ago, but they didn't have the size and price tag I was looking for, but this time I found the perfect pair.


The color? Not so perfect. But as we all know, you can change the color of just about everything.

I chose to paint them a glossy white to add a slightly modern touch to my bedroom. They are going to go on the shelf pictured below, which will be getting a nice coat of stain and the walls where I am moving are supposedly painted a light beige, so the plan is that the coral will really stand out.


Sorry I can't show more yet, but I promise I will soon =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice find Ali! Paint is such a wonderful thing isn't it? xx

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

Yes, I love paint!!

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

Ali, I've enjoyed reading your blog and marveling at your projects for quite a while but somehow never hit the Follow button before. Slow learner, I guess, but your newest follower :)

--pogonip

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

I'm glad you've been liking my projects so far. I have tons underway so stay tuned! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails