Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Window Frame Revamp: Take 3

Yes, this would be numero tres of making over this poor little victim, but by golly, I think I finally like it! 
In case you don't remember, I last left you with this:


I loved the knobs so much, but didn't think they looked right. I was about to return them, but then I asked myself why I would do that when I love them? There's gotta be something else I could change, right?
Then I thought about how I've never been crazy about the color, even thought it matches my other bedroom furniture, so I decided to go out on a limb and paint it. The problem with the color was that it's a warm color and so is the beach mat, so the cool silver knobs just threw it off.

My solution? Paint it the same blue I just painted the coral.

Here is a pic in case you don't feel like going to the link:


So, I painted my window frame and stained it with some Minwax Early American and I finally love it!


And now the knobs look so much better, in my opinion.


Ok, I promise you won't be hearing about this guy again...I think.


P.S. This is how the window originally looked.


Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
 
UndertheTableandDreaming




12 comments:

José Maria Lobato said...

Hi, congratulations for your excelent Blog, I like it a lot.
Always wanted to make a craft work in a window, thanks for the tip, I will return here for a closer look certainly. Keep up with the good work!!! José

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

You can NEVER go wrong with that color of blue, in my opinion! It looks great. :)

wendy smedley said...

Love the blue and the knobs- awesome project

Megan Gunyan said...

That blue is so calming and serene. Ah...I love it. Great change! It's a keeper!

I'd love for you to check out my blog for a fun giveaway! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com
Have a great weekend!

Kendra@Creative Ambitions said...

Ali... it looks great with the blue...very nice! I know about those three timers... you got work it until you get it right!! :)

Amy Kinser said...

It looks great. The color is perfect and the knobs add such a great touch.

Partying with you tonight.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Haha! I do the same thing, change things out all the time. Imagine how many layers of paint are actually holding our old relics together at this point! :)

Very nice new look!

Donna

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Love it! I just did a wall in my family room with old barn windows and a screen door, stop on over!

Cara

Cassie said...

I have to say, third time was definitely the charm on this one. I love this look the absolute best. Don't change it! Color, knobs and all :)

KimMalk said...

What a difference. I like the blue and the grass mats behind it.

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Great transformation...love it!

Unknown said...

much better blue!

Related Posts with Thumbnails