Sunday, February 13, 2011

Take Flight

A few days ago, I showed you guys my latest map art, but told you there was more to it, which is what I'm here to show you now.

I started with this ugly picture/picture frame that cost $3 at a yard sale. Like the frames for my map art, I sanded it and stained it Dark Walnut.


For the 'picture' part of it, I cut out the words 'Take flight' with my silhouette and stenciled it onto some burlap. It looked great, but the blue and peach had to go!


I ended up painting the mat warm white and the inside border was painted the same chocolate brown as the 'Take flight'.


I hung the pictures at eye level, but unfortunately the dresser below is kind of on the short side. I'm thinking it will look fine once I put more accessories on the dresser though. Oh, and the pictures aren't crooked; I just desperately need another kind of camera lens =)


And here's one more picture just because I had it and didn't want to waste it, ha. 



UndertheTableandDreaming


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great job , great idea..
love the dresser too

Anonymous said...

Love it and that awesome green dresser!

Marianne said...

Grin, I am glad you posted that last pic too, it is my favorite!
Love your wall art, so envious of your silhouette. I want to do a design on a pillow and have been wrecking my brain about how to transfer it.
The combo with this project and the maps looks really fab. Great job.

Jen Campbell said...

turned out great! I am so inspired with your maps and burlap!

Cheryl said...

Looks great!
I like how you painted the inner border of the mat brown. It really makes the wording stand out

Related Posts with Thumbnails