Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Gots Me a New Plant!

Remember when I showed you guys this pic a while back?


And I said I desperately wanted a plant for the corner?

Well, I finally got one and I love it!!


I got this puppy from Walmart for under $10 bucks.


I love the wispy foliage.


And I think it's fits right in in it's new home.


And the bamboo ladder? It got a new home just a couple of feet away. The dining room is open to the living room and the ladder provides a great visual distinction between the two rooms.


Now, who wants to place bets on how long I can keep my beloved plant alive? It's already been a week and it's still alive and kickin', but I've never been know to have a green thumb.
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Amy@HomeRemediesRX said...

Very pretty! I love how houseplants instantly freshen and brighten a space (not that your room needed either, it is so beautiful!)

thebluemuse, phd said...

Gorgeous room! And those palm things are hard to kill I think. I gave one to T a few years ago and it's managed to survive in his office without any TLC.

beth said...

I knew I had seen a bamboo ladder somewhere! Did you buy it or make it? If you made it could you tell me how ? I really need it for a towel rack in my just redone bathroom. Thank you so much!! PS don't worry about your plant. I have one and if I didn't kill mine, they can't be killed!

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

Hi Beth, you can check out how I made the bamboo ladder here:
http://honeyandmaplesyrup.blogspot.com/2010/07/bamboo-ladder.html

It's not super duper sturdy, but it's definitely sturdy enough to hold towels.

Related Posts with Thumbnails