Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Green Dresser: Take 2

Remember this dresser?


Well, it was just a tad bit too small for the area and for my storage needs, so I found this guy on craigslist.


Not the prettiest, but it's solid wood, which is a huge plus in my book. It's so hard to find solid wood furniture at a decent price nowadays.

I painted it my fave green, Behr's Lucky Bamboo, with a coat of Minwax Early American.


I replaced these old, shabby handles...


with some jute rope.


I wasn't in love with the curvature on the top drawer, so I took it out, removed the top piece of moulding, painted the inside of the dresser, and replaced the drawer with 2 baskets.


I think the scale of this dresser is much better compared to the old one.


But as much as I love this dresser, I'm already thinking of replacing it with something else! Egads!!




Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

6 comments:

Amy Kinser said...

Love the color and the handles. Hope the rest of your week is great.

Unknown said...

love the color and the handles are to cute!!!

Joselyn said...

It turned out so beautiful. As creative people, I think we are never satisfied and always looking for the next project to conquer. That's how we continue to master our craft. I get it!

Mimi said...

Well I love both of your dressers and love the color! The jute is a really nice touch

لمسات سمسمية said...

i like it so mutsh :)

Lucydesignsart.com said...

well, I'm loving everything about this! the baskets, the rope handles and I'm so writing that color name down...love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails